Embryo Transfer : 10 points for success
Embryo transfer is a marvel of modern science that offers a promising solution to couples who long to embrace parenthood. It’s a testament to human ingenuity and our unrelenting quest to overcome biological hurdles, ensuring that the miracle of life finds its way even in the face of challenges. Embryo transfer is a crucial step in IVF, which is used to treat infertility. One or more embryos are transferred into the uterus of the mother.
10 points to keep in mind before embryo transfer
- Timing is important: We do the procedure 3 to 5 days after fertilization of embryo. The exact timing depends on various factors, such as the quality of the embryos.
- Preparing the uterus: Before the transfer, the patient is given painless injections to optimize the chances of embryo implantation.
- Ultrasound guidance: Scan is used to ensure that the embryos are placed in the best position in the uterus.
- Rest is recommended: After the transfer, the patient is advised to rest for a short period before going home.
- A pregnancy test is usually done 10 to 14 days after the transfer to determine if the procedure was successful.
- Frozen embryos: This procedure can also be done using frozen embryos (FET).
Tips to get the best possible outcome
1) No need to be confined to bed after embryo transfer.
It is not necessary that you should be in strict bed rest after the procedure.
2) Have easy digestible Home made food
Avoid food from restaurants. Also stay away from spicy and oily food.
3) Drink at least 2 litres of water per day.
Remember to stay hydrated after embryo transfer.
4) Don’t get stressed over the results. Do what you usually do to relax. Pray, listen to your favourite music or just unwind.
5) Please refrain from Sex till you get the results. Cuddling and kissing is perfectly fine. Try other inventive romantic activity apart from vaginal sex.
In case of queries about embryo transfer, kindly whatsapp us on 9626893006.